Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It's Just a Guitar...


It's just six strings and some wood really....The first person who decided to make this instrument probably didn't think it would become as popular as it is today....

But in it's simplicity, it is perfect.....

An easy instrument to just pick up and play. A hard instrument to play really well....

I'd like to believe no two persons can make a guitar sound the same, but I doubt that's true. But a person's touch really determines the sweetness of the sound.

A few strums from the right soft hands would make the strongest of girls simply melt on the spot. And if you've been gifted with a voice then keep a stick handy just in case they get rowdy.....


Turn off the lights...light a few candles...and just play... It doesn't matter what. The sound fills every inch of that room, and in that moment in time, life is just good....


As I sit here writing this, I really miss my guitar....

I have so much free time to really just brush up on my playing and I feel as though I can't take advantage of that time... There's an old 12 string downstairs that just has 6 strings in it...I might dust that off and get back into it.


I know someone who wouldn't mind being here listening....

1 comment:

La Stasja Creative Works said...

Its true, there's nothing that will woo a girl more than a boy who can strum, singing is just a bonus - But a BIG one. But we wont have to worry about getting you a stick. Regardless, I happen to also know someone who wouldn't mind listening.